Friday, January 16, 2009

Easy transition to Chiang Mai


After a one hour flight - during which we were served a small meal - we landed in the northern city of Chiang Mai. John, Julie and I ventured out with map in hand, on foot, to discover this enchanted city. I'm told Wikipedia has a good essay about the city. Thanks Damien. After dining on traditional Thai food, we decided to hop a "taxi" - and I use the word lightly, to the famous Night Market. We will try to post pics of these vehicles. I felt like I was in the back of a VW bus, in the 60s. Uh oh - low battery on my laptop - more tomorrow....

2 comments:

Ted Furrey said...

Many, many things depicted in your pictures look like things out of a medical textbook. Did you try any of it?

Judith said...

The photos are wonderful. If only you could supply the smells!

Judith