Saturday, February 14, 2009

Don't wait until you're old to go to Egypt







Egypt is an experience I wish for all of you; however, it is not for the faint hearted. Physically, it involves many steps, uneven terrain, and functioning in the hot sun. Mentallly, it’s a mind boggling combination of history, mythology, art and culture which most of us Americans haven’t studied.
Judith Rose, fellow traveler, friend and former art historian, will write the next blog entry.
By the way, I found out where all the tourists are---in Upper Egypt. No Americans, though, not a single one.

2 comments:

Betty said...

"See the pyramids along the Nile . . . "

I have been looking at pics of the pyramids and temples, etc. and wish I could be there along with you!! I could handle the climbing but not the heat!

How much longer will you be there? What's next?

Denise Grassart said...

Yes, Betty, I think you would love the sights in Egypt. One of our hotels there was on an island - Elephantine Island. It was fun taking the boat so often.

I was there for about a week, but I've been in France since Monday - Paris, and now Lille. Haven't taken many pictures - too busy enjoying friends and family