Friday, March 6, 2009

Can't let go

Since the voyage continues, I thought I'd update the blog. John and Julie are already making plans for next winter - Mexico, Guatemala, who knows where else, and who knows for how long? Judith is already booked for the entire month of May in Rome. Patrice and I are going to New York/New Jersey next weekend.

Comments like these are humbling, but they make me want to continue - the voyage, the blog, the conversations:



"Denise, it was such fun to follow your journey. The pictures were fantastic! On my screen they opened in a full browser window - and I'm running a 20" monitor now - so they were gigantic. I kept trying to imagine what was going on behind your deadpan full stare, with all that "world" around you. I installed your blog on my yahoo home page, and looked for the latest links all the time. Sounds like John & Julie were good traveling companions, and as you know, them's priceless.I've been dealing with torn knee cartilage. Painful, awkward, limiting. And it really hit home as I saw the places you guys went, how impossible that would be for me now. Sobering. I could never have done Italy - some days I can't make it to work! But I'm going to fix it one way or another, as soon as possible.I know how much planning and cogitating went into the trip, and I feel as if I got the high-level view of a fascinating journey. Got any more writing to share? I mean, jeez, ya had a laptop.....Welcome back to this version of reality - I can't wait to hear/see more! " Terry in Vancouver



Thanks, Terry. You are inspiring me to continue.

No comments: